PRIVATE WELL TESTING PACKAGES
Coliform Bacteria, Nitrate, Arsenic — $95.00
Coliform Bacteria, Nitrate, Arsenic, Iron, Hardness, Lead — $160.00
Antimony, Arsenic, Barium, Beryllium, Cadmium, Chromium, Fluoride, Mercury, Nickel, Selenium, Sodium, Thallium — $200.00
Basic 2 + Metals Scan
All of the above — $350.00
Prices are good through December 31, 2016
Notes for consideration:
- Private wells should be tested annually for Coliform Bacteria.
- Nitrate should be tested at least once or if a pregnant woman or infant will be drinking the water.
- Arsenic should be tested at least once and is typically required for a property transaction, along with Coliform Bacteria and Nitrate.
- Lead may be a concern in older homes (built prior to 1986) or where lead solder has been used.
- The Metals Scan above is typically required for public/municipal water systems.
- Iron and Hardness are more nuisance issues than public health threats. Iron can cause reddish-brown stains in toilets, sinks and laundry and hardness can reduce the performance of detergents and leave scale and spot deposits.
- Other contaminants of concern may include Volatile Organics (VOCs) and Pesticides. Unless there is a known or suspected contamination source, the homeowner may want to start with the basic packages above and use those results as indicators before spending money on VOCs/Pesticides as those test categories are more costly.
- Kits can be shipped or picked up at our downtown La Crosse location and can be shipped or dropped off after sample collection. Outgoing shipments are free if an above package is ordered. The client is responsible for return shipping. Prepayment is required.
- Hours are Mon – Fri 8:00 – 4:30. **Coliform Bacteria samples must be delivered less than 48 hours from time of sample collection AND must be delivered no later than 12 noon on Fridays.
If you are interested in this testing please call our office or click the Get Started Now button on the Contact Us section of this website to order the kit.
Please reference the testing package you are requesting when contacting us.