Davy Laboratories, a division of Davy Engineering Co., Inc., is seeking a Lab Director to join our team.
Davy Laboratories is a full-service environmental laboratory serving communities, industries, and the private sector with a variety of personalized and customized services necessary to address urgent as well as long-term environmental concerns. Our team of chemists, biologists, and engineers provide an interactive array of confidential lab services.
- The Laboratory Director is responsible for the overall operation, leadership, direction, and administration of the Environmental Laboratory in accordance with Federal and State Regulations (WI, MN, IA) governing environmental laboratories.
- The Director develops, directs, and coordinates the Laboratories’ activities in the analyzing of water, wastewater, and food samples. Develops and coordinates programs and projects related to sampling, sample analysis and quality control; reviews laboratory practices and procedures to ensure Davy Laboratories complies with all regulatory compliance with regards to laboratory certification.
- Maintain the overall operation and administration of the laboratory, including the employment of personnel who are competent to perform test procedures, and record and report test results promptly, accurate, and proficiently and for assuring compliance with the applicable regulation.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of all laboratory operations and directly oversees all departments. Works closely with all department supervisors on various technical issues and provides technical guidance and support.
- This person is key to Davy Laboratories in maintaining State(s) certifications as a fully accredited environmental laboratory and implementing practices and procedures which conform to regulatory standards for environmental laboratories. Duties include coordination of all laboratory’s analytical procedures. The Director follows through and maintains a comprehensive chemical hygiene plan and safety program.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, preferably a Master of Science Degree (MS), with major work in chemistry, microbiology, or closely related field.
- Five years of professional laboratory management experience.
- Must have knowledge of: chemical characteristics of and standard methods used for the analysis of environmental samples, particularly water and wastewater; principles and practice of laboratory quality assurance and quality control; laboratory safety practices and procedures; computer based laboratory information management systems and methods of statistical analysis; principles of laboratory analytical methods; status of state and federal regulations related to laboratory quality assurance and safety practice; data management processing techniques.
- Must possess knowledge of the environmental field including quality assurance procedures applicable to a laboratory, bacteriological principles, techniques and terminology used in the examination of water and environmental samples; state and federal guidelines and regulations pertinent to laboratory safety and security; principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation; appropriate computer operations, software and peripherals; general rules for safe exposure and handling of chemical and biological hazards. Candidate should demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects and support staff, understand environmental regulations and technical writing, and excellent project organization with the ability to track and meet deadlines.
- Possess experience in marketing and preparing contract proposals. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as computer skills, are essential.
- NELAC certification experience preferred.
Our current benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, life insurance, holiday-vacation-sick leave, access to short-term and long-term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan.
Having been in business for almost 95 years, we have a demonstrated interest in the profession, the community, and our clients. We value technical competency, integrity, ethics, and hard work. What we offer is not just a job; we have a genuine interest in your career.
Please submit the following required information to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Three references (Name & telephone number)
- College transcript
- Additional information showing experience that aligns with our Minimum Qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer.